Polie's generic intro

Post  Polie on Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:32 am

[generic intro]

Polie

[Name]: George W. Head

[Age]: 26

[Location]: For now, Scottsdale, AZ

[Occupation]: Chef

[Ride]: 1986 Suzuki Samurai, HEAVILY modified!!!!!!

[Music]: Punk, Funk, and Rock n' Roll

[Hobbies & Interests]: Wheelin, Rock Crawlin, and airsoft.

[Short Description]: I wheel and play airsoft as often as I can.

Ok now about my name.

I spent 13 months working for RAYTHEON, (Google them if you dont know who they are), at the South Pole. Now for people who DIDN'T pay attention in geography, thats on the BOTTOM of the globe, where the spindle sticks in. And NO, I didnt see any polar bears their. Polar bears are up NORTH not SOUTH!!! And NO I did not see any penguins either. Theres about 900 miles of nothing but ice and snow. I did see -110*F during the winter, and yes you can breath that air w/o any problems; that is as long as you aren't gulping air. ie running and such. The elevation feels like it between 10,000-11,000 feet, so it can be hard to breath at first.

SO with all that; people who do a winter over have the right to call themselves a 'Polie'

If you want to know anymore, just ask!!!

[/generic intro]
    ultimentra
    ultimentra

Re: Polie's generic intro

Post  ultimentra on Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:48 am

Hmm my dad works for Raytheon. Hes a cubicle monkey though, just sits on his computer and writes code for missiles and bombs. Every once in a blue moon he takes a UAV project too.
    T3hL33tN00b
    T3hL33tN00b

Post  T3hL33tN00b on Wed Jul 22, 2009 12:41 am

ultimentra wrote:Hmm my dad works for Raytheon. Hes a cubicle monkey though, just sits on his computer and writes code for missiles and bombs. Every once in a blue moon he takes a UAV project too.
    yea, and my dad tells him how much his project will cost, and aceptable deviances... Laughing

I saw a thing on TV about the little "base" raytheon has down there, pretty cool you worked there!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Mar 23, 2019 7:48 am