49th Commandos

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
49th Commandos

49th Commandos gathering spot.

5 posters

Gun Store help

Maestro
    Maestro
    Admin

Gun Store help Empty Gun Store help

Post  Maestro Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:32 pm

So, I'm thinking about opening a gun store. Would like input on anything you would like to see, or not see. Particularly things you think gun stores are lacking on, or should have, or need to improve.

Any ideas would be useful. Thanks
    ultimentra
    ultimentra

Gun Store help Empty Re: Gun Store help

Post  ultimentra Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:44 pm

Can you please hire me when I am old enough? Please? I would LOVE to work in a gun store. I love to learn about guns, I want a career in guns, and anything I haven't learned I would be willing to learn! Also I think something cool to see in a gun store is some of the more uncommon products like RIS kits and stocks, maybe set up something with MagPul and have a bunch of MagPul stuff. Basically stuff people can normally only find online.
    Maestro
    Maestro
    Admin

Post  Maestro Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:48 pm

You turn 17 next week right? Well, it will be at least 2 years till I get the ball rolling, seeing as how I'm out of town at the moment, but we'll see then.

Not exactly the kind of help I was looking for though, lol!
    ultimentra
    ultimentra

Post  ultimentra Mon Jul 20, 2009 12:16 am

Yea thats right. Sorry if I wasn't able to provide what you were looking for in terms of help but just try to remember me! Smile I would love to work in a gun shop.
    T3hL33tN00b
    T3hL33tN00b

Post  T3hL33tN00b Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:43 am

ultimentra wrote:Yea thats right. Sorry if I wasn't able to provide what you were looking for in terms of help but just try to remember me! Smile I would love to work in a gun shop.
    +1
    but I would recommend keeping affordable gear as well as the higher end for police/military customers. Also, having magazines in stock, more than you think you should need, for every gun you have in stock is a good Idea, I went to a local gun shop, they had 0 AK47 magazines, and atleast 6 AK47's they did have about 6 AK74 magazines, and one AK74, which seems like a good number to me, but I would have liked them more had they had mags for all their guns in stock.
    Firebert
    Firebert

Post  Firebert Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:12 am

I am more of an obscure accessories guy than a walk in a buy a gun guy. So I would say lots of accessories and parts.
    GOLDLEADER
    GOLDLEADER

Gun Store help Empty ummmm

Post  GOLDLEADER Mon Jul 20, 2009 12:15 pm

Well i have been in the firearms business a looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong time. I stared in a Gun shop when I was 15, My job? sweeping the floor. My pay was knowledge. By 17 I was left alone to run the place.
    Unlike..say cars there are many flavors of guns, it is hard to guage what will sell and what will sit on the shelf. also Guns and gear can be seasonal. Bird season, deer season... has folks wanting Scopes, shells, slings.As cool or Ah Tacticool as Ar's and AKMs are its a very narrow market.
    I would look towards Military surplus guns and ammo, they are cheap to get into and cheap to shoot.for the price of one decent AR15 you could get 6 Mil-surp rifles and some ammo. I have orders for LMT AR15s that are taking 9 months to fill.
    Extra magazines are a real plus. but dont over do it.
    AMMO is whats hot today. its very hard to get. take a look at wal-mart empty shelves.
    I make the majority of my money from repairs and refinishing. Though I have rented and still offer guns and rentals to motion pictures. and theatre groups this kind of money is hard to count on. I worked on THE POSTMAN for example and it took a year to get paid!
    Airsoft has a lot of potential.as the weapons are so close to real steel these are a no brainer for training. safe, clean. silent, and most of all CHEAP! one box of simunitions is $25-50.00, (thats 50 shots) plus the guns have to have a special kit installed. One Bag of BB is 15.00 for 4000!
    AEGs can be used any where, the BBs simply vacumed up , so traing can be held anyplace with very littler damage to the venue....

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content