49th Commandos

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
49th Commandos

49th Commandos gathering spot.

5 posters

Home Defense Reason!

G-Man
    G-Man

Home Defense Reason! Empty Home Defense Reason!

Post  G-Man Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:33 pm

I found this video yesterday, and it was a real eye opener on why it's important we should be allowed to own a firearm.
    The beginning of the video is not visually violent, but audibly violent, feel free to skip it. It's the truth of what very well could happen to you and your family; but is easily preventable through the safety of a firearm. I showed my parents already, and they support the ownership of firearms ALOT more than they used to.

Video
    Lima Delta
    Lima Delta

Home Defense Reason! Empty Re: Home Defense Reason!

Post  Lima Delta Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:17 pm

Egsactly why our home defense is a double barrel 12 gauge "coach gun" Cool

And alot of replica swords all around the house... tongue
    Savage
    Savage

Post  Savage Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:51 am

Speaking from experience, replica swords are made so cheaply that they'll break long before your mugger's skull. Perfect example, is the difference between an airsoft springer shotgun and a 12-gauge. The replicas are only meant to just look nice.
    GOLDLEADER
    GOLDLEADER

Home Defense Reason! Empty Weight vs metalurgy vs Velocity

Post  GOLDLEADER Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:11 pm

Savage wrote:Speaking from experience, replica swords are made so cheaply that they'll break long before your mugger's skull. Perfect example, is the difference between an airsoft springer shotgun and a 12-gauge. The replicas are only meant to just look nice.

If you were speaking of Sword on Sword combat, meaning crashing a real Blade against a Replica I would agree.Now A Replica Broad sword, Sharp or not crashing against someones Skull, Forarms, spine! I would say That the sword will do some serious damage. Lima deltas Swords are at the higher end of the Replica spectrum,and All have a sharpened cutting edge.
    Now..If you are close enough to hit thyem with a 4' Sword....then thats to close for me.
    No one argues with 0000 buck shot at 15 feet! affraid
    Savage
    Savage

Post  Savage Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:36 pm

Suppose my hidden point was, yes, a replica will do some real damage. To clarify, just as much damage is gonna come back to the sword, and by extension, your wrist. Mine's a real, and it's 1/4 of an inch thick of blade, full-tang and designed to hurt.
    And I was more speaking towards hand-to hand distance of sword-on-gun. Nifty skill to know
    And I don't think it's really a good idea to argue with buckshot, unless you're very far away.

*edit* And pardon for not watching the video and posting anyway, I tried skipping the bad part, didn't work. I just don't wanna hear that if I don't have to.
    GOLDLEADER
    GOLDLEADER

Home Defense Reason! Empty never bring a blade to a gun fight!

Post  GOLDLEADER Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:34 pm

Savage wrote:Suppose my hidden point was, yes, a replica will do some real damage. To clarify, just as much damage is gonna come back to the sword, and by extension, your wrist. Mine's a real, and it's 1/4 of an inch thick of blade, full-tang and designed to hurt.
    And I was more speaking towards hand-to hand distance of sword-on-gun. Nifty skill to know
    And I don't think it's really a good idea to argue with buckshot, unless you're very far away.

*edit* And pardon for not watching the video and posting anyway, I tried skipping the bad part, didn't work. I just don't wanna hear that if I don't have to.

cut this! LOL
    Savage
    Savage

Post  Savage Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:41 pm

Don't the rangers have a specific part of training where they teach sword-on-gun?
    Lima Delta
    Lima Delta

Post  Lima Delta Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:16 pm

to savage: what do you mean sword on gun, do yu mean bayonnettes?

to icon and others: most are replica but if you ask icon he can tell you that most if not all of our swords and stuffs are replicas as in, we used them to break wood ago and , well, yeah, just ask icon.

hes seen our "medieval room",

but the shotgun is the main defense, and works just as good as a club, if need be.

also, even my dad who is somewhat restrictive on content said the video was a good eye opener for the no gun people out there.
    Savage
    Savage

Post  Savage Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:18 am

grumblegrumble
    I'm meaning, close-in, cramped space, self-defense using small-range bladed weapons to disable an attacker using a gun of any sword. In my house, it's small enough that keeping a sword in one room is plenty enough self defense. And if it isn't, I won't be around to regret it.
    GOLDLEADER
    GOLDLEADER

Home Defense Reason! Empty hello over here

Post  GOLDLEADER Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:56 am

..thats right...a bit more! Ok back on topic! thats better
    Lima Delta
    Lima Delta

Post  Lima Delta Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:25 pm

your right, the situation kind of dictates what your responses might be.

icon, whos there with you?? tongue

what if she finds out affraid
    LOL
    Maestro
    Maestro
    Admin

Post  Maestro Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:02 am

No surprise here, but I've always taken my personal defence and the defence of my loved ones very seriously. I'm a pretty big guy, and usually don't have alot of problems, but I am too damn young to die, and too damn old to get beat up by punks. Nothing says loving like Federal Hydra-shoks and Speer Gold-Dots.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 4:54 am