49th Commandos

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
49th Commandos

49th Commandos gathering spot.

5 posters

Spetsnaz discussion

ultimentra
    ultimentra

Spetsnaz discussion Empty Spetsnaz discussion

Post  ultimentra Tue Jul 07, 2009 10:57 pm

This is basically discussion about the spetsnaz loadout, suggestions, who has what AK, who has what gear. Feel free to post pics and videos related to spetsnaz to give us a better idea of how they operate! Also go watch this episode of deadliest warrior, a real eye opener.

http://www.spike.com/full-episode/green-beret-vs/32039
    Maestro
    Maestro
    Admin

Spetsnaz discussion Empty Re: Spetsnaz discussion

Post  Maestro Tue Jul 07, 2009 11:03 pm

Having worked with a couple of those dudes in the past, all I can say is, crazy, funny, and willing to share their booze.

Wouldn't mind doing a good loadout, but mine would have to be pretty exacting, just so I don't disgrace any comrads Laughing
    Firebert
    Firebert

Post  Firebert Tue Jul 07, 2009 11:11 pm

I would like to get this finished myself. I have been working on the gun I want but still don't have it. I love my little beta and it totally rocks but I want a folding stock with wood furniture.
    Maestro
    Maestro
    Admin

Post  Maestro Tue Jul 07, 2009 11:16 pm

If you're shooting for realism, you gotta realize those boys carry AK's sure, but they are polymer, and have more toys on them than a cracked out 50lbs AR-15. If you just like wood, that's cool as well. I love me a wood gun
    Firebert
    Firebert

Post  Firebert Tue Jul 07, 2009 11:21 pm

I actually already have a cracked out polymer AK. Now I want my sexy wood one. Wink

This is actually what I want. Im not nessarly sure about the Dboys part but the AK yes. And yes I realize its an AK74 not AK47.
    http://www.kastwayairsoft.com/Products/KALASH-DBOYS-AKS-74U-(wood)__RK-01-wood.aspx
    ultimentra
    ultimentra

Post  ultimentra Wed Jul 08, 2009 12:02 am

Hopefully later this summer I will acquire enough funds to buy ben's G&G RK-47 off him and get an AKM flash hider to do the AKM look. I used to have a black plastic AK and I didn't like it so I am going for the wood AK look. I really want to do this impression well, and I think I still can with a wood AK. I have seen them being used by the Grozny Spetsnaz in videos.
    MusicMan
    MusicMan

Post  MusicMan Thu Jul 09, 2009 1:02 am

viper
    viper

Post  viper Fri Jul 10, 2009 11:04 pm

Hm, well that Green Beret vs. Spetz video was cool, but it wasn't very fair to either side. I was looking forward to seeing the American grenade in the washing machine. I wish they would've compared things a little better. They didn't let the American guys do the shotgun room-ish clearing thing; they instead just shot at a pig. I also didn't like how they compared the M4 and the AK-47. It was such a brief test! IMO, they should've actually tested the accuracy at much greater ranges. And the sniper rifle test was at a really short range!

[/critique]

They did have some cool war simulations, though. We should totally do some videos like that. That did inspire me to want to get my Spetz loadout on the move...haha
    ultimentra
    ultimentra

Post  ultimentra Fri Jul 10, 2009 11:48 pm

Yea that show has really extremely flawed tests where all they got was qualitative data not quantitative like ROF and max effective range. It would have been a more scientific test if they used the same tests for the comparing weapons. I basically just like it to see the weapons in action.
    viper
    viper

Post  viper Fri Jul 10, 2009 11:51 pm

Yeah, I can see like the Discovery Channel doing something more scientific, wheras this one was more of a non-stop action kinda thing. It was still cool, though. I love those high speed cameras.
    MusicMan
    MusicMan

Post  MusicMan Sat Jul 25, 2009 1:57 am

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 5:57 am